Our Research Delivery Infrastructure encompasses:
- More than 80 Research nurses and Research AHPs dedicated to facilitating over 300 pharmaceutical, device and academic studies.
- A wealth of world class Chief & Principal Investigator experience spanning the range of specialties.
- A purpose-built Clinical Research Facility – The Barnes CRF.
- The dedicated Hyperacute Stroke Research Centre.
On site partner facilities and research-enabling services include radiology, pathology, 3T MRI scanner (University of Manchester), Salford Royal Biomedical Facility, medical physics, pathology services, dedicated clinical trials pharmacy and aseptics services, cardiorespiratory services, Greater Manchester Neuroscience Centre, and clinical divisions.Salford’s Electronic Patient Record and collaboration with North West e-Health puts us at the cutting edge of patient identification and accurate feasibility across the Trust and Salford’s community.
Salford-based research across the region is enabled through vital strategic alliances, partnership working and close collaboration, dovetailing with key organisations and facilities including:
University of Salford, University of Manchester and other academic institutions within the region
Manchester Academic Health Science Centre (MAHSC) Partner Sites
Wolfson Molecular Imaging Centre (University of Manchester)
We are currently working with more than 75 leading industrial and academic partners to facilitate more than 400 research studies. We deliver to time and target ensuring your research is patient-friendly, safety-focused and quality assured.
As a Trust we are renowned for our clinical prowess and research activity in the following clinical specialties:
- Clinical haematology
- Dementia and neurodegenerative disease
- Neurology, neuroscience, neurosurgery, spinal
- Trauma and critical care